Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro SP2 won't Defrag. CHKDSK /F Scheduled

• Please log in to reply

BriDawgz

BriDawgz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I Think I'm having a parameter problem of some sort. I Have A P3 801 Mhz, Award bios, & 2 Hard drives: C= WDC 20 GB,
D= Quantum 10GB. My OS is MS Windows XP Pro 5.01.2600 SP2. Both drives are NTFS.

The problems I'm having are:

1. When I try to Defragment the C Drive it Says Disk Defragmenter has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume: C Please Run chkdsk /F.
No mater how many times I run chkdsk it doesn't help.

2. Every time I boot up windows it runs chkdsk.

3. Several of my programs say that they are corrupt while in use. Example: Spybot, AVG anti-root, Easy Cleaner, Etc
I have Reinstalled all that are affected without change.

4. CWShredder: comes up with CWS.hiddenDll & CWS.Jksearch Were removed. However, every time I run a scan it says
the same thing.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
CHKDSK that insists on running every time you boot the system without your asking it to is often a sign of a hard drive that's starting to fail. Other symptoms are files that become corrupt in normal use yet become fixed after CHKDSK has ran.