Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is te100.kontera.com

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi

I just logged on to post a query but when I got to the G2Go page I noticed this in the bottom of the screen trying to load

te100.kontera.com

I have just had a new Hard Drive installed, and Windows XP Pro. Only 2 days ago. But funny little niggly things have been happening since. For example the above, and also one that is really annoying and worrying, the cursor decides to jump to a different location occasionally while I am typing.

It happened here just a minute ago, suddenly I was typing 4 or 5 lines further up! It also happened when I was typing to another forum. This never happened on my old configuration.

I have HP Laptop, XP PRo, 2 gig ram, AMD turion 64x2. But when I installed the new hard drive it wouldnt boot from the recovery disks I had made. This may have been because the laptop was back at HP getting a faulty network card replaced. I think they (even as i type this I find myself gone way down the screen...!! Had to scrool back to here..) replaced the motherboard and somehow it thought it was a different pc or something. But that was months ago and there were no problems till the new Hard Drive and Xp Pro.

Oh yes the guy doing the install of the hard drive put XP Pro on for me as otherwise Id have to send the laptop back to HP in wales and perhaps no guarantee they could even get me a set of discs. I didnt ask about XP Pro, I presume it was a legal shop copy (we wont go there at this point....!)

So the main thing is the occasional moving cursor, and the problem mentioned above. Also I just CANT get my fonts to appear as they used to the old way esp in OE, but I guess thats trial and error.

(Once again as I typed the last sentence my entire screen disappeared and I was taken to another open tab in Firefox. Whats going on?!)

Since the install I downloaded

Avast Anti Virus
Comodo Firewall (not yet installed)
Open Office
AdAware 2007 (not sure if I like it..)
Spyware Blaster

Am I infected with something or being hijacked, I wonder??

Thanks

h

Advertisements