Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overheating problems

• Please log in to reply

Moeror

Moeror

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Well I bought a 450w PSU recently, and I also got my Geforce 7900 back from the company to get it repaired. I installed it, and I seem to have a bit more temperture problem than I did b efore. Sitting around with the side panel off its at about 110-115f and gaming it gets up to 130-150f. Is there anything I can do to lessen this? Maybe a quick fix or something fairly cheap and easy and effective?

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
You could have the case fans spin faster. There is software out there like speedfan to change it but what I do if I do it in my BIOS but not all BIOSs have that feature. Make sure there is no dust and all of the fans are spinning correctly. Should be sucking the air IN from the front and or top of case and PUSHING OUT the back. Make sure nothing is blocking the airflow, like power supply cables.

If you still have the problem you can add another case fan or get a slot fan for like $5. Some of my friends say that they have gotten the temp to drop 20*C with a slot fan.

Edit: If you just got a new power supply recently it is probably that.

Edited by jackflash1991, 11 October 2007 - 03:04 PM.

Moeror

Moeror

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
On other forums someone said those temps I mentioned we're just fine and I have nothing to worry about. Is this true?

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Oh yeah those #s are fine. With computers most people use *C and I forgot to convert 150*F to *C.

Bellow 65*C you are fine.

Edited by jackflash1991, 11 October 2007 - 07:18 PM.

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Cpu's can go up to very high temperatures some even to 100 C and they will not break. The problem with a temperature this high is that the Cpu is seated on plastic and that is what you have to watch out for. Like Jackflash said keep your Cpu temp under 65 and the cpu and plastic should be fine. You can always get a new Cpu fan. I have a Zalman fan that costed 60 bucks and i keeps my cpu under 30 C and its just so quite and it is really one of the best fans you can get and especially for that price as well.