Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant read browser text easily

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
My eyes are perhaps not what they used to be! But even so i am plagued by the size of text especially in browsers. Right now Im using firefox. If I reduce the text size so that the text at the top of the page:

geek ('gēk), noun.
1. Obsessive Computer User: somebody who enjoys or takes pride in using computers or other technology, often to what others consider an excessive degree
2. Someone with greater than normal computer skills.

fits into its "box" if you know what i mean, then the text below, ie the topics in the forum are absolutely TINY. I have to increase them a lot, then the text i used as the example is huge (the "geek" text).

Sorry if Im not explaining this well. Heres what i think are the things which affect text size:

Increasing and decreasing by holding ctrl and using the mouse wheel.

Using "view" from the menu, tells you to do it the same way.

Tools-Options-Contents I can change the font size. I have it set to Georgia 22. But where does that font refer to?
I can go to advanced and let each page choose its own font, but thats no better.
In advanced I then see "Fonts for western". i dont know what these are for so I leave them alone.

I also tampered with XP desktop properties, appearance. To be honest I made a few changes but really dont know what Im doing, and probably would be better using the default, if i could get it back.

What about resolution? Would that make a difference?

Im at my wits end, also my OE text for incoming emails is small, and almost looks grey not black. (as does the text Im typing now; only if I increase it a lot does it look really black)

Any suggestions, or what are your settings.

Oh I have a 15.4" widescreen. Actually I think the text is smaller on a widescreen, as the screen is not as high (tall).

h

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Try the Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display tab to change your settings to suit you.
Johanna