Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal exception

• Please log in to reply

coltsfan

coltsfan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to upgrade my AOL to 9.0 Everytime I try to download the screen goes blank and then comes back on saying a fatal exception has occured in 0028:D1FAAO22 in VXD MPFBOCKS(01) + 00012CF2 Anyone out there give me some guidance here? Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
try rebooting your computer, make sure no other windows are open and then try upgrading AOL...any other problems on your computer do you see? does your system meet aol 9.0 requirements?

coltsfan

coltsfan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Soxrok for the quick response. I have tried rebooting the computer and that does not help. I had 9.0 on here once before but my wife at the time didn't like it and deleted it. So I am stuck with the real old 4.0 version. Any other suggestions? I'm pretty much a computer illiterate. Thanks again

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Do you have McAfee Personal Firewall? Uninstall it, install AOL, then reinstall and update McAfee Personal Firewall

coltsfan

coltsfan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks gerryf, that was it. Because of your help I now my daughter thinks that I'm a genius. Thanks you so much for your help!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
always thrilled to help a fellow parent continue the illusion we know more than our kids!