Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 932C Printer: Ink everywhere

• Please log in to reply

Colt Hero

Colt Hero

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
This printer has started leaking ink out the bottom right corner. Print quality doesn't appear to be affected. Looking inside the unit there appears to be a black "pad" (sponge-like) affixed to the floor in the area of the leakage. Can't clean the mess up. Tried paper towels, but ink reappears. Tried irrigation, but ink keeps pouring out. Co-worker has the same printer with the same problem. His looks even worse than mine. Where's this ink coming from? Cartridges aren't leaking. Could it be coming from the print head cleaning sequence? This WAS my father's printer at one time and he DID use re-fillable cartridges ONCE, but that was years ago. Co-worker says he's NEVER used re-fillables in his printer (that he can remember). Printer is probably 7 years old or so...

Advertisements

charubin

charubin

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Perhaps its time for a new printer?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Colt Hero!

I remember reading about similar problems, and the manufacturer's response was "The ink waste tank is full - not user serviceable. Send unit to nearest authorised repair centre for replacement" - but the price was more than a new printer!

So I think this might be your problem - especially as it's so old! I'm in agreeance with charubin here.

:)