Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IO.pif

• Please log in to reply

Invisible

Invisible

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

Couple days ago I inserted a USB drive into my desktop, and right away my symantec auto protect notified me about the an infected file - io.pif - coming from the removable drive. I quarantined it, disconnect myself from the network and performed a full scan right away, the result came back with 0 infected files.

I deleted the copy in the quarantine and performed 2 more full scans (one in safe mode and one in normal), both sessions reported 0 infected files, so does it indicated the system is "clean" now. What other potential infections can I be running into.

I studied the file online and it's polymorphic, so it can be appearing under different names ... Checking task manager didn't reveal anything suspicious.

Please advise

Advertisements