Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drupal Insallation problems - Please help!

• Please log in to reply

Tristan Reid

Tristan Reid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am having major problems trying to install drupal!

I have downloaded the core files, unzipped and placed in my htdocs folder. When I point to my domain I get the Drupal instal page. When I fill in the data base configuration details I get the following error:

Database configuration
The following errors must be resolved before you can continue the installation process:
Database name field is required.
Database username field is required.
Failure to connect to your MySQL database server. MySQL reports the following message: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).
Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct database hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
For more help, see the Installation and upgrading handbook. If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your hosting provider.

I have checked and double checked with my hosting provider (streamline.net) and they assure me that my details are correct and that my database is active and fully compatible with drupal.
Any advice appreciated
Regards
Tristan

Advertisements