Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard Problems

• Please log in to reply

SparkElectro

SparkElectro

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Compaq PS2 Keyboard (2K - 3) and i recently reformated my computer (Windows XP). I am having problems with my keyboard, when i press and hold the shift key down (for instance when im playing those 2d side scrolling jumping games) and then i press an arrow key, my jump stops.

It appears that my arrow keys cancel out my shift key or something. This isnt the case with any other keys. It wasnt doing any of this until after the reformat. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
does the program allow special configurations?

did you install keyboard drivers? (some keyboards have them--especially compaqs with multimedia functions)

SparkElectro

SparkElectro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It installed them after the reformat, and i guess it started doing it then. I plugged another keyboard in to see if it was just my keyboard, but it did it with that one too, so its something with the drivers apparently.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try removing the keyboard driver/software from your startup entries....use msconfig, or hijackthis

SparkElectro

SparkElectro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Didn't work.