Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Am I ready to make an order?

• Please log in to reply

livitup

livitup

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
First build in about 8 years....

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2.0 LGA
Antec take 4 (with PS)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer
Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB
MSI NX8500GT-TD256E
LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW
Sony internal floppy
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium
Seagate 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB
Seagate 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB

Have I missed anything? I Will be running Dual boot Vista/XP.

I will be doing some light gaming on this computer. Is the video card sufficient? Im willing to annie out more on the memory if needed. I will not be oc'ing.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Hi there. Could you be a little more specific with exactly what PSU you are getting, like what wattage?

And the 8500GT is not a good card. Exactly what kind of gaming do you plan to do? If you do not what to play any DirectX10 games then I could recommend a cheaper DirectX 9 card that will outperform the 8500GT. If you really want to play DirectX 10 games then I would go with nothing lower then a 8800GTS 320mb or the game will be completely unplayable.

Everything looks good but I do not know that much about dual boot requirements so you might need something more.

Edited by jackflash1991, 14 October 2007 - 03:28 PM.

livitup

livitup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the reply, Jackflash. My case comes with an Antec 450W power supply. Should that be adequate for that card? Is the memory I quoted decent? I don't mind spending a little more money in that department if required. I've tried not to cut any corners here. Any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Is the make of the PSU also Antec because a lot of the time they give you crap power supplys with cases? If you have a crappy PSU then a lot of the time when they fail they fry your whole system. If it is not an Antec then I would strongly recommend buying another one.