Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Realtek AC 94

• Please log in to reply

Anvo

Anvo

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Well, I'm new to this forum and my name's Andy. But that aside, I've got a major problem and I don't have a clue about computers. I'm not even sure if I'm writing in the correct category on your site. But that aside, here's my story.

So, the first thing that happened was, lately, I've been getting a bunch of "OuterInfo" pop-ups. Every time I turn on my computer, I get a bunch of those things that come up when you close a program and they ask you to send an error report. I get them for things like "hdjksdj.exe", "u.exe", "sadaskdsa.exe", etc. There are about 30 of these that I have to send error reports for, not knowing what they are but at least knowing that it's probably linked to OuterInfo.

So I Googled Outerinfo and got to this site, where they told me to delete a bunch of programs. With a slip of a finger, I accidentally delete a program called "realtek ac 94". It did not let me get out of the installation, where I realize this was probably not a good idea.

I later find out that that had to do with my audio and, now, I cannot hear anything on my computer. No iTunes, no music videos, no nothing.

I've tried System Restoring but for some reason, my computer does not let me System Restore. I once had a virus that a techie friend of a relative helped me fix, and I couldn't use System Restore then either. I decided to make my own manual checkpoint after that and made it sometime in August. After I deleted the realtek thing and I realized I STILL had the virus, I decided to go to yesterday's checkpoint.

Nothing.

I then decided to go to the checkpoint I made myself in August.

Nothing.

It said no changes were made and I still had those pop-ups.

Please help me get my audio back. Once I get that, I can attempt to do remove "Outerinfo" with your page on it, and do a huge English paper that only adds to my stress.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

Advertisements

Anvo

Anvo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Never mind, I got it fixed by a friend of mine.

I'm not sure how to delete this, though.