Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Moving hdd's arround

• Please log in to reply

allen0801

allen0801

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok this is kinda a long read so be prepared....

Ok here's the situation...

What i have right now:

i have 3 Hard Drives ....a 70GB hDD (the one that came with my computer) in my computer....a 200GB hDD that I bought earlier...and a 500GB hDD that i Just bought....the 200GB and the 70GB are filled up with stuff so that's why i bought the 500GB.

Here's what I want...

1. I want to put the 200GB in my xbox so i want to copy everything that's on it now to the 500GB and erase it so i have a clean 200GB hdd in my xbox

2. This is where i'm having the problem...ultimately i want the 500GB to be the main or primary drive in my computer...like the C: drive that has xp and program files and stuff like that on there...and the 70GB hdd to be the secondary hdd in my computer...but i have no idea how to make the 500 run as my primary like i want it too...i've been messin with this all day...using norton ghost and messin with the bios settings...everything is at default now though but i need help...

PS...if u have an easier way than what i'm doing im open to options....

Advertisements

allen0801

allen0801

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
UPDATE: ok ...i got it too boot from my new drive (the 500GB) but i think i might have done the norton ghost image wrong or something because when it boots from the new 500GB hdd a black screen just comes up with a blinking cursor...anybody good with norton ghost?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello allen0801,

Do you have any programs that you have lost the setup file for?
Do you have your Operating system Disks?