Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing Download folder

• Please log in to reply

fothers

fothers

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi

I reinstalled XP and have lost my download folder. It was on the old desktop but i can't seem to find it. I didn't reformat the HD and can find most other things. This is a biggie to lose. I'm sure its there somewhere. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Look under C:\Documents and Settings\<your old user name>\Desktop.

need taking care of

need taking care of

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
if that dosnt work than just try clicking start then search and look for something that may have been in the document

fothers

fothers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Look under C:\Documents and Settings\<your old user name>\Desktop.

Hi

I found the desktop under my old user name but access is denied ? It was pass word protected (my user name) but when I try to open the folder it dosn't let me. When I set reinstalled XP I used the same user name! maybe this is the problem??
Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your help so far