Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do get my computer to turn itself on?

• Please log in to reply

pengyou

pengyou

• Pip
  • 3 posts
and download my emails, update my virus program and do a few other housekeeping tasks before i attack it at 6 a.m. Is there some way I can do this? I have one 'puter with xp and one with 98se....it would be nice if it could make my coffee for me and put the bread in the toaster too...but that may be asking for a bit much.

Edited by pengyou, 14 October 2007 - 02:56 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally timing options are available in the BIOS.
Your email program you can dump a short-cut in the Startup folder to do that and tell it to download email on start-up.
Any decent anti-virus program should update itself automatically.
As for coffee - peculators are useful with a timer switch, and bread is available also with a timer switch.