Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Javascript, DNS and anonymity online

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

prollster

prollster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it true that a javascript can dig out my real ip adress behind a secure anonymizing proxy, even if I don't have any plugins installed in my browser? I have manually deleted all the plugins in firefox and don't accept cookies or allow java, but I do allow javascript. I also use a firewall that let's me select which apps I give access to the internet and a good antivirus to protect from trojans.

Also, I have read that dns leaks is dangerous when it comes to anonymity online. Why is that? For all I know I am using my isp's dns (is there a way to test which dns server I am using?). Can sites I visit record which dns server I used to resolve their host? If so how do I change to use an "anonymous" dns or better options?

I'd be very greatful for any response to clear these questions. Have a good day all =)

Duplicate post
http://www.geekstogo...00#entry1068000
Johanna

Advertisements