Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new computer problem.

• Please log in to reply

Jxshua.Marks

Jxshua.Marks

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
alright, so i got my family's old computer. they got the files backed up and the system reformatted. i got the music and pictures off them and placed them on the new computer. then i was working on the comp and i noticed i needed to activate it again. so i did, well i tried. it told me i could not use the key on the tower and i need a new one. I've never had a problem doing it before. now what? thanks much.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Use the activation wizard, opt to call a customer representative and activate that way. You can use the key on the side of the case if its for the same version of Windows that is installed, it just has to be phone activated. Its automated, you're very unlikely to have to talk to anybody.