Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can someone tell me how to prevent this from happening again...

• Please log in to reply

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
So I was in Word... I pressed some random key combination or other, and I started typing in all caps. Thinking this wasn't too much of a problem, I pressed Caps Lock... only to find that it was already off! Then, my mouse started going crazy: every link I followed opened a new window, multi-selecting on the Desktop then left-clicking didn't clear the selections, and my scroll wheel refused to work. I've since gotten the problem fixed by pounding every key on the keyboard while pressing both mouse buttons, but I want to know how to prevent this from happening in the first place.

P.S. This is not a joke.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try pressing ctrl + caps ...that toggles the all caps issue...
to keep things like that from happening again...do not pound on keyboard...
do not "play" with weird key combos unless you know what they are going to do beforehand ...

Edited by happyrck, 14 October 2007 - 06:11 PM.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

do not "play" with weird key combos unless you know what they are going to do beforehand ...

Hehehe... I was actually frantically grasping for Alt-Tab and trying to press the mouse key to close an application at the same time. That might have been part of the problem? :)

do not pound on keyboard...

So how do I fix it next time? :)

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
I think You’ve accidentally turned on Accessibility options

To open Accessibility Options, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Accessibility Options.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
makes sense