Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus not updating....!

• Please log in to reply

vincy56

vincy56

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys....!!!
I'm new to this forum and i need some expert advice.

I've got two Trojans sitting in my computer namely "A0221363.exe.Vir" and "audiohq.exe.Vir" for the past one and a half months. I've got Mcafee antivirus Software(VirusScan Enterprise ver 8.0i) loaded in my computer and both of these trojans mentioned above are in its Quarantine folder. On clicking any of these trojan files, my antivirus pops up and gives me the msg "VirusScan Alert; Detection Type-New Malware.eb; Status;Moved(Clean Failed because the file i'snt cleanable) and finally Application-explorer.exe. But to my surprise when i right click and scan these files for viruses, my Antivirus gives the msg "No Virus Found". Even when i scan the whole computer it shows me no virus Found.
And finally to add to my rising tension, i discovered recently that my Antivirus program is not getting updated automatically as it always did,and i have got no clues whatsoever on how to update it manually. Whenever i click the automatic update option it returns this msg "FAILED TO INITIALIZE THE COMMON UPDATER SUBSYSYTEM. MAKE SURE THE McAFEE FRAMEWORK SERVICE IS RUNNING. McAFEE COMMON FRAMEWORK RETURNED ERROR fffff95b @ 2". I've got a Windows XP SP2 Operating System running in my PC and due to the above mentioned problems i faced many other problems in my PC's functioning like the PC doesnt start up or sometimes the taskbar is missing or all icons in my desktop are highlighted.

I'm really worried about my PC and it would be really grateful, if someone helps me out with these problems.

thanks guys...:)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Has your McAfee subscription expired? These programs don't update on their own if your subscription has expired.