Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I keep getting pop up from AVG saying I have a virus/Trojan.

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
When I click move to Virus Vault it doesn't allow me to and the same thing pops up, it just will not go away. I then restarted the computer and and logged into the system under a different username and so far it hasn't popped back, but if I log back into the system with the user profile that I was getting the pop up message with it comes back. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I would start by verifying your system is truly clean of spyware. I would read through the Malware Guide then if needed post your logs in the Malware thread.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Thanks for the reply. I actually did a number of scans. and it looks clean but then I still get the pop-up. I'll go over to the male-ware area I just wanted to see what somone thought on this side first before I went over there, thanks again.

need taking care of

need taking care of

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
it use to do that for me, do you only have avg trial becasue sometimes they dont all apear.

so i got spy bot search and destory and i scanned my computer with that, and by the way that program is very good and helpfull but that is the most i can help you with, just knowing that i did have the same problem

good luck