Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

error message on start up

• Please log in to reply

Kathyf

Kathyf

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I ran the online Mircotrend virus scan on my system with Window 2000... having a couple gilches with games and shutting down on its own. The scan didn't seem like it finished cleaning the problems and when restarted I get the error message below and don't know it this is actuall file I need or what it is for. I have been also trying to improve monitor settings for a sharper, clearer picture on a new 19" Soyo Wide TFT and don't know if the error has anything to do with that.

"the drive or network connection that the shortcut 'stk017 pnp monitor.lnk' refers to is unavailable.
Make surethat the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."

Any ideas what is going on? Is this a file I need for my monitor?

Thanks in advance
Kathy Fakes
Lebanon, TN

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is a shortcut to a file that no longer exists or has been erroneously set up. You'll probably find it on the Start Menu -> Startup folder, just right-click on the "stk017 pnp monitor" entry and select Delete.

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Neil... thank you soooo much.. that did it. I may be back with the 'shut down' problem if it continues.

You guys ROCK!