Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some emails only showing up on Blackberry

• Please log in to reply

Nates

Nates

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have been having problems with receiving emails from certain people/addresses. While most of my mailbox syncs up, these emails would show up on my Blackberry, but not in my Outlook, nor in the web email client. I should note that my Blackberry receives the emails via a copy filter I setup on the email server. Again, this only happens to emails from certain people/addresses. I checked all the filters, block lists, and junk folders but found nothing.

Interestingly, this problem started after my company switched to a new email host. We have since switched again, but the problem still persists.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I m sure I m stating the obvious here but have you forwarded the emails received on the blackberry to your outlook email address ? to see what the actuall address is showing up as ?

I have been to lazy to fix it but I have some that send to my blackberry.net address instaed of the outlook address and then I have to forward to my outlook e-mail

Nates

Nates

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I m sure I m stating the obvious here but have you forwarded the emails received on the blackberry to your outlook email address ? to see what the actuall address is showing up as ?

I have been to lazy to fix it but I have some that send to my blackberry.net address instaed of the outlook address and then I have to forward to my outlook e-mail

Yes, I usually end up forwarding the "missing" emails from my Blackberry to my own address to get it to show up in my Outlook. They are definitely sending it to the correct address (i.e. not the blackberry.net address).

Nates

Nates

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Anyone? :)

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Since you have the filter on the mail server, you need to track what is happening to the messages after that. You need to look at the logs on the server to see what is happening. Without access to such information, it is difficult to impossible to determine what is happening.

Nates

Nates

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Since you have the filter on the mail server, you need to track what is happening to the messages after that. You need to look at the logs on the server to see what is happening. Without access to such information, it is difficult to impossible to determine what is happening.

Great idea. I'll try to get in touch with the host to see what we can dig up. Thanks!

Edited by Nates, 28 October 2007 - 04:03 PM.