Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Yahoo Music Jukebox Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply

nobodysfault129

nobodysfault129

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was having slow running problems with Yahoo Music Jukebox so I removed it under Add Remove Programs, and reinstalled it from the Yahoo website. It went along fine until it got to 99% installation, and then it took anywhere from 3-5 minutes to finish installing that last 1%. I don't know if that was the problem or not, but it finally finished, and I restarted my computer. When everything was reloaded and I clicked on the Yahoo Jukebox logo, it came up and I did all the accepting of policies and the such that you do, and it loaded. But when I went to put songs into my library, everytime, it gave me a runtime error. Here is the error... Runtime Error!
Program:...Files\Yahoo\Yahoo!MusicJukebox\YahooMusicEngine.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info.

Ofcourse, I tried to send a technical form to Yahoo, but it doesn't go through, something about my security level not being right, and if I change my security level, it still doesn't go through. Can you help me, please? I tried reinstalling it again, and that didn't work. I even tried restoring my computer, and that just made it worse, now it tries to reinstall it everytime I click on it and wants me to restart, but it does no good.
I'm not a beginner with the computer, but still probably need detailed instructions to fix this.
I just tried deleting all the Yahoo Music Jukebox files after removing the application again. I wanted to try a clean installation this time. It still didn't work. It is doing the same thing. It just won't let me add songs. I get the Runtime error. This is very aggravating. Does anyone know another good music jukebox comparable to Music Match or Yahoo? I don't really like WMP. If I can't get this fixed, I'll have to find something. I wish my Music Match still worked but it is screwed up too. I really need Yahoo because I am networking songs from another one of my computers.
:)

Advertisements