Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hokay so my friend bought his Battlefield 2 today at some legit-game shop in town, and went hope to install and all. He didn't register his product though. So he began playing after restarting his computer. Upon double-clicking the exe shortcut on the desktop, the screen turns black and then almost immediately switches back to the desktop.

I did a search on EAgames website. It talks about the graphic cards. His graphic card isn't listed. I thought I found the answer but mine isn't listed too. But I can run the game with no troubles at all. Me and my friends just purchased this game about a week ago. Some installed and are able to play with no troubles at all. But a couple are experiencing this problem.

Any idea what's wrong?

Jay

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I have had this problem many times and am currently experiencing in one game ATM. It is a driver issue. It should correct itself if he reinstalls his graphics drivers.

Edited by Titan8990, 16 October 2007 - 10:56 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Reinstall the game all together.
Once you have uninstalled the game, make sure the folder under program files has been completly removed.
Could you list your video card as well as your friends?
James