Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 routers 1 telephone line 2 connectors?

• Please log in to reply

siaus22

siaus22

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Ok, so here's the situation, at the moment, my borther in law has a home cinema set up with a samsung wireless module for the rear speakers. However, when in use it seems to block the signals for his wireless network for his xbox 360 and computer. Witht eh wireless module turned off there is no problems, with it on, no internet.

I have tried changing the wireless channels on the router upstairs but still no luck.

So, in his room he has a telephone cable that is connected to his sky. Could it be possible to have this connected to a router as well as the phone line upstairs in the family room also connected to a router?
So effectivly there would be 2 telephone lines both connected to a router. They are both the same phone line. Not even sure thats possible and certainly doesn't sound possible in my head!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Can only have one router on a phone line.
You may be able to alter the transmittable frequency for your wireless speakers - consult your manual if this is possible.
Alternatively a new solution may be to move the router to be more in line of sight of the wireless equipment and away from the speakers.

Unfortunately this sort of situation occurs more regularly than you'd think - the amount of spectrum bandwidth for consumer products isn't all that big and you do find a lot of products are beginning to clash with each other - cordless telephones clash quite regularly with wi-fi signals, TV transmitter/receivers conflict with wi-fi, even microwaves conflict with them. If you have a bunch of stuff that is clearly clashing your only real solution is either to wire what you can where possible or use one or the other.

siaus22

siaus22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Thanks Neil for your response. It's pretty much what I thought. To get the speakers working in the first place I had to keep resetting them using the reset button until they finally configured, so that might be another option. Unfortunatly there is just no way I can move anything or wire in the xbox 360. If I had thought about it earlier, they had the house renovated and I could have got them to instal network points then and it would have been so much quicker and easier. Just didn't think of it at the time.