Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

norton anti-virus 2004 [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fishcatcher

fishcatcher

• Pip
  • 5 posts
<_<
I ran a complete scan and came up with 25 files that needed repair. Norton took care of 23 of them but it won't repair, or can't repair, two files which it says needs deleted. How do I delete, or repair, these two files and do you know what they go to?
File names are: mwsum.exe and bdl14108[1].exe

Would also like to know why I can't see this site in larger fonts. I use to be able to hold down CTRL and scroll my middle mouse wheel to make it any size. I've tried view, text, & largest but it's still stays real small. Am I doing something wrong?
All other websites work perfectly with my scrolling wheel. Just not this site.
Please Help me if you can?

Thanks for all your help! I appreciate this site so much. Though I've just recently registered I have found a huge amount of good solid advice.

Thanks Again! :D

Edited by fishcatcher, 01 June 2004 - 10:22 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

How do I delete, or repair, these two files and do you know what they go to?

Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

I've tried view, text, & largest but it's still stays real small. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're not doing anything wrong. The forum software we use has an incompatibility problem with Internet Explorer. A major upgrade is due sometime in the next couple weeks. In the meantime you could consider an alternative browser like Firefox (you'll also be much less likely to get spyware).

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.