Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer problems.

• Please log in to reply

Pedestrian A

Pedestrian A

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I need help. I'm having problems with my 3 in 1 printer, an Epson Stylus CX1500. When I turn it on I pop-up balloon saying USB device not recognized. The same thing happened a while back and I contacted Epson. They told me to reinstall the driver and if that didn't work, take it to one of their service centers. The reinstall didn't do its magic and well, I didn't take it to a service center either. However, after a recent reformatting of my pc, my printer was working just fine again but after shifting my pc and printer to a new spot, for some reason I'm getting the USB device not recognized message again. And reinstalling the driver still doesn't work. Is the problem with my printer or with Windows? Thanks in advance.

Pedestrian A.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try other USB ports on your computer and a new USB cable.

Pedestrian A

Pedestrian A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

You were right, it was the cable. I don't have an extra cable but I managed to use the cable connecting my Dell monitor with pc to test. Looks like I'm gonna have to go get a new cable. Do you think if I just tell the guy at the shop that I'm looking for a printer USB cable and he'll give the right one? Thanks, Neil.

Pedestrian A.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Take the old one with you, that way you definitely will get the right one!

Pedestrian A

Pedestrian A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oh yeah, LOL. Thanks. :)