Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why can't I see colors in my web pages?

• Please log in to reply

Bobbiwins

Bobbiwins

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Someone made 3 lengthy web pages for me and I cannot see any colors in them, although others can click on them and see the colors. What if anything I can do to remedy this?
Thanks
Barbara

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Can you provide a link to the 3 web pages online? Also, have you tried viewing your pages in more then one browser? I recommend DLing and using Firefox for all browsing and web site design.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 17 October 2007 - 06:25 AM.

Bobbiwins

Bobbiwins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes I have tried Foxfire..same problem
My web sites are http://www.carsinfoindeed.com
http://www.dolphinsight.com
http://www.gemstonejamboree.com

Barbara

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi Barbara:

OK. Just wanted to verify for myself, although I didn't suspect there were problems with the pages after you said other could see the colors. What colors are you seeing on your pages and are they the same colors for every browsers you've used to view them? Are you having the same no color on other sites with the same browsers? Any problems viewing colors locally?

Ron

Bobbiwins

Bobbiwins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Both Firefox and IE7 give me same result, no color except for Google Adsense ads. All my other web pages I go to are fine.No problems viewing colors locally.

The only other strange problem I had was trying to place an ad on USFree ads as none of the things such as bold, underline, and text (color) worked (I have the paid program). I contacted them and they said they had no idea why it didn't work. Also on some web pages I note the lettering is on top of other lettering. I do not know if these things have anything to do with my color problem as I am not computer savvy! :-) Thanks

Barbara

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Barbara
Could you restart your computer in safe mode.
As the computer boots up start tapping F8 this will give you a list of options.
Choose Safe mode with networking. It will then boot and give you a black and white screen with
what looks like a lot of gibberish going past - this is ok. If it comes to a window that ask for a password and you do not know the password - leave it blank and press enter. Try your web site now.
What happens?
Cheers
Peterm

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
*** Caution regarding browsing from SAFE Mode with Networking.

Bobbiwins,
While you may develop some useful diagnostic information following the above recommendation from Peterm, Please be aware that SAFE Mode with Networking connects you to the Internet, but DISABLES your Firewall and Antivirus real-time protection.

Do not make a practice of "browsing" the internet using SAFE Mode with Networking, even if you find that it gives you the colors you desire.
Use for Diagnostic purposes only, and then switch back to Normal boot for ordinary browsing.

Best Regards