Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Rejected!

• Please log in to reply

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Well, I've recently purchased KAV (Kaspersky) for $50, and what happens when I put shove the CD into the drive?

Well, the light blinks for about 15 seconds, and the CD is almost literally spit back out. Why does this happen? How can I fix it? How can I avoid wasting $50 on a CD that doesn't work?

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Well, I've recently purchased KAV (Kaspersky) for $50, and what happens when I put shove the CD into the drive?

Well, the light blinks for about 15 seconds, and the CD is almost literally spit back out. Why does this happen? How can I fix it? How can I avoid wasting $50 on a CD that doesn't work?

Fredil:

Is your CD Rom Drive experiencing problems reading discs? I had a bear of a time trying to burn backup CD's on Emmanuel because regardless of what disc I put in, when I had a blank CD in there, it would not register, and would spit itself back out when I tried to burn. I think it said that the power calibration was off or something...........It could be that the drive is malfunctioning......

Just a thought,,,,,uf you had another PC CD Rom Drive, you could test the disk to see if the drive is indeed the problem :)

Good Luck!!

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Obviously, your computer is annoyed at you for spending $50 on Kaspersky when you could have just used avast! for free...

:)

So seriously, do other discs work in the drive? Does the Kaspersky disc work on another machine? We might be able to fix it. If not, optical drives are very cheap, and they are one of the leading hardware failures... You can buy a new DVD Burner for less than $30.00

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I haven't tried the KAV disk on other computers (mainly because we have none). Other disks work. We're thinking of buying another drive, we just haven't decided which one.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Oh, and avast! is horrible. ~~Go AntiVir~~

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Yeah, if you want to put up with all the self-advertising... :)

If you need help deciding, you could give us some more information on your computer (i.e. make/model).

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I'll do that later... it's hard enough to concentrate on my GeekU logs right now without the loud beeps from my email notifier! :)