Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Retarded Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply

Infected Malignity

Infected Malignity

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and I was wondering if somebody could help me out with this. I bought an E-machines PC (yeah, right off the bat we're off to a bad start if you couldn't tell already) and everything was fine and jolly, up until... well, about EXACTLY a year later. How convenient - that's exactly when my warranty became void. Anyway, long story short, my sound card basically just quit working altogether from that point on. It started making weird noises everytime the browser loaded up a new page and eventually the sound just went dead altogether.

Alright, so all that aside, recently I purchased a 5.1 "3D USB SOUND ADAPTER!". The name sounds a lot cooler than it really is. Now I'm not sure if I just got a bad deal or not, but now with my new "3D USB SOUND ADAPTER!", I can finally hear sound again, but under one lame-[bleep] condition: It absolutely has to constantly sound like a massive force of static is overtaking the speakers. And no, it's not the speakers because I've tried many different pairs.

So what should I do? Is there some sort of magical driver that can make it at least sound a little more audible? I mean, I know I only spent 10 bucks on this USB thing, but don't you think you should at least be able to hear audio a little bit, without being eaten alive by static? I don't know a whole lot about PC's, but I do know that I uninstalled my old sound driver to no avail, and previously had tried to rollback the driver just in case it was something bug-related.

I've reformatted my computer numerous times since before, so I know that the original sound issue is never going to be solved, but what's my best bet here as far as the external realm goes?

Thanks a lot for looking over this, hopefully someone can help out. Cool forum by the way :)

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

3D USB SOUND ADAPTER

Never even knew they made such a gadget.

I am tempted to go buy one just to try it out.

For your issue, all I can say is check all the simple things. Make sure your connections are firmly pushed in. Sometimes the little speaker wire end doesnt get pushed into the jack all the way and you get a static sound due to the bad connection.
Make sure you don't have any microphones on that could be contributing to the problem.
If you have any other electronic devices running near your pc.. move them.. turn them off.. .. speaker wires laying on top of electrical wires can cause issues too.
I don't know what else to suggest except to try all the simple things first.
It could simply be that a 10 dollar usb sound card cant filter out the static pc sounds.