Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

phone line hacking

• Please log in to reply

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Has anyone ever tried this: Link Removed I have always fantasized about doing something with the powered phone lines but never done so.

Edit by wannabe1: Removed link as it results in what appears to be an illegal means of getting electricity.

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Deleted - Haven't said anything offensive or against the forum rules, I just don't know if this thread really is allowed in here, so I'd rather pass on commenting :)

Edited by landlord, 16 October 2007 - 06:05 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It is one of many ways to get illegal electricity and individuals will be prosecuted quickly. The concept that was shown will get you caught quickly. Highly recommend no one takes these shortcuts to obtain a lower electric bill. It's not worth it.

Ron

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you want cheap electric bills, try solar power :)

Belinrahs

Belinrahs

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

That's the truth. I've always thought of my house having solar paneled walls. A black house. Wouldn't look so bad in an big-city setting!

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Did any of you ever read Tom's Hardware's article on the "solar powered PC"?

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

That's the truth. I've always thought of my house having solar paneled walls. A black house. Wouldn't look so bad in an big-city setting!

Actually, that isn't so far fetched. Most houses in Israel have (and have had for at least 10 years) solar water heating. The solar panels are placed on the roof tops, and the houses are built so they have a kind of a hump, so the panels aren't visible at all. Imagine: I can get free hot water (well, except for the water bill :)) from 11am to 8pm, each day throughout the summer and many days in the winter.

Edited by landlord, 17 October 2007 - 04:53 AM.