Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Question of the MONTH

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hi all,
as a regular user of this forum i need help from you gurus.
here a question

i have a server. with RAID configuration say disk are mirrored. with windows 2003 server installed on it. but i dont know the password of it. there is no other acoount to logon using administrator rights.. how will i recover password from it. considering that disk are SCSI disk.

i know utility i.e Hiren's boot CD. i.e some linux style of reseting the password. but what about SCSI disk. i dont know if i can use the same boot disk to reset the password. i do not want to take risk as if it failed it will be a disaster. or server may crash. next time i may not be able to boot.

or is there any other way. ie. we can attach a new third disk and install OS on it and can access these mirrored disk.
many more ideas are welcome

customer service engineer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,588 posts
Well, generally speaking (all I am willing to do without violating our ToS) the password reset shouldn't care what you have as long as it can see/read the os boot partition. At most you might have to configure the correct drivers.