Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question of the MONTH

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hi all,
as a regular user of this forum i need help from you gurus.
here a question

i have a server. with RAID configuration say disk are mirrored. with windows 2003 server installed on it. but i dont know the password of it. there is no other acoount to logon using administrator rights.. how will i recover password from it. considering that disk are SCSI disk.

i know utility i.e Hiren's boot CD. i.e some linux style of reseting the password. but what about SCSI disk. i dont know if i can use the same boot disk to reset the password. i do not want to take risk as if it failed it will be a disaster. or server may crash. next time i may not be able to boot.

or is there any other way. ie. we can attach a new third disk and install OS on it and can access these mirrored disk.
many more ideas are welcome

thanks
noor
UAE
customer service engineer

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Well, generally speaking (all I am willing to do without violating our ToS) the password reset shouldn't care what you have as long as it can see/read the os boot partition. At most you might have to configure the correct drivers.