Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIFA Manager 07

• Please log in to reply

chris eadie

chris eadie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there, I'm a 15 year old soccer geek. I've just had a knee operation, so I got a new game, to help with the boredom.

It's FIFA MANAGER 07 (for the PC), when I try to run it, I get the error message
"Requires at least 768 MB of free swap file space. Please free the required space and re-run the game."

Can any one tell me how to do this ?

Cheerz, Chris.

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Well... a swap file is a portion of the hard drive that it uses when theres not enough memory for an application... I think. Well, it uses it like RAM, but its slow because it's using the hard drive to do it.

Now how to change it....

Ok, do this. Click start > go to My Computer and right click > Select Properties > Click Advanced Tab > Under Performance click the Settings button > Click Advanced Tab

Now there you'll see Virtual Memory at the very bottom, XP should have a certain amount of space reserved there, I think it does it based on your hard drive size. Click on change.

Here it will display the drives you have, about midway down darken Custom Size, here you can input the amount of hard drive space you want it to use for the swap file. You may try setting the initial size at 1024 and the maximum at 2048.

Another thing may be you don't have enough hard drive space on the disk period and may need to delete some files. I *think* this just tries to use what's available on the hard drive, I don't know if it actually reserves this space on the hard drive for only a paging file.

I think that's all right, if not, someone else will post and say where I screwed up :)

karabaja

karabaja

• Pip
  • 1 posts
it s not fifa manager 07 but i didnt know whwre to put this. i install fifa manager 09 and i have this problem when i choose a team to play loading and the this it crash to desktop:

Manager 09.exe-Application error

The instruction at " 0x018afee5" referenced memory at " 0x2c870838" . The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program
Click on Cancel to Debug the program.

please help :) :) :wave: