Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot log into certain websites......what did I do wrong?

• Please log in to reply

Rüsh

Rüsh

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My IE7 suddenly stopped allowing me to log into 2 of my normal use websites, here's a brief description of what's going on. When I try to log into Myspace, after entering email and pw and hitting 'Login' it just reloads back to the main login screen. Also, when I try to log into my banking website, after I enter username and pw and hit 'Login', it begins to reload the page quickly again and again, and each time it does, it leaves a vertical line on the left side of the screen.

I have downloaded Firefox to test it out and it will load everything just fine, but I really prefer IE7.

I did pick up a virus/spyware/malware problem and ever since I've cleaned the system this problem has started. I have removed IE7 and gone back to IE6, and then back to IE7 and nothing is working.

Any input would be appreciated as I'm completely stumped on this one.

Advertisements