Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STEAM ISSUE

• Please log in to reply

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
i recently bought a new computer and started playing one of the old steam game. randomly out of no where the game closes and i get this error:

(note:theres numbers in this error that i left out): Steam win32 structured Exception at # attempt to write virtual address without approprate access rights. "

when i restarted steam i got the same message then steam closes

Edited by Kaygen123, 17 October 2007 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Also while your here, i think someone stole my steam account: great i think someone stole my account.. this "Valve_administrator" PM'ed me and said that someone was using my account with credit cards or some __ from multiple IP's and he said that steam will give you a new account charge free. then he asked for my Password and ID and i asked him a bunch of questions and he showed me his so called ID which any professional "pretender" could probly do and then after about 10 minutes i gave him my Password and Email.. he said that "we" would email you with the information but i've been waiting for like 15( now over an hour) minutes he said it would only take 5 ... so #*%$& did he take my account? i cant log back into steam.. god ____it what a dumb___ i should of just been like i cant give it out this isn't my account or something..!!!! "

doesn't sound to good :)

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
You're f... err.. screwed. No one from Valve/Steam will ever contact you about needing your password and email address.

Go here and follow the instructions listed.

You might get lucky and be able to get your account back.

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thanks again ADNoland.. i will probly have to buy a new account. im not sure what i do though do i just make a new steam account then buy the games like Counter-strike, Day of Defeat etc... shouldn't be to expensive. but i'd rather have my account back sh-t...

Edited by Kaygen123, 18 October 2007 - 09:20 AM.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Go through the Steam Support first and see if you can get it back, if you can't then yes you'd need to create another account and rebuy the games.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Also while your here, i think someone stole my steam account: great i think someone stole my account.. this "Valve_administrator" PM'ed me and said that someone was using my account with credit cards or some __ from multiple IP's and he said that steam will give you a new account charge free. then he asked for my Password and ID and i asked him a bunch of questions and he showed me his so called ID which any professional "pretender" could probly do and then after about 10 minutes i gave him my Password and Email.. he said that "we" would email you with the information but i've been waiting for like 15( now over an hour) minutes he said it would only take 5 ... so #*%$& did he take my account? i cant log back into steam.. god ____it what a dumb___ i should of just been like i cant give it out this isn't my account or something..!!!! "

doesn't sound to good :)

Please refrain from using numbers, symbols or lines to replace were a swear word would go. Next time try structuring a sentence without the swear words being present (including symbols and such replacing them).
James

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
oh sorry : \ i cant be like god__ it? if not then ok i wont anymore

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
He just told you that you couldn't....

This is a family oriented site and there is absolutly no need for swearing.

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok