Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

smitfraud

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

inkakolaperu

inkakolaperu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Hi I dont know if this will help but I have just had the same thing as you smitfraud problems in IE. I was worried after reading so many different replies. What I did was simply turn back my computer system using system restore one day. Evereything returned to normal. For all thoses brighter computer people out there I am sure I may have other problems and this fix may have not fixed it really, but I am back to normal. I ran some updated virus software which was able to find some other trojens and I deleted. I am sure others may still be lurking but as far as I can tell I am experiencing no problems. I have also installed Zone Alarm which has shown me a new wave of attack on my computer I was not aware about. Take this as a simple method and please continue to read all you can if for some reason this doesnt work. All I can say is I am using and old computer running XP professional with no service packs. Hope this helps.

Advertisements

Spazmonkey

Spazmonkey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Inkakolaperu

I did the same thing as you and at first system restore did the trick. But don't be fooled it will go back to the blue screen in a little while. I did system restore so many times that now i can't even do it anymore and I am stuck with the blue screen. Just be careful.

Take care
Spaz