Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

quick question about video cards

• Please log in to reply

chancy4342

chancy4342

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
If you have an integrated video card on your mobo can you buy a seperate video card and install it in the PCI slot and use that instead of the integrated one and is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel-core 6000+ a good procosser for games?
sry about all the question but i have another one if you have a duel core procesor its pretty much like having 2 proc. so if i had a 3.0 duel- proc. it would be a 6.0ghz procesor right or am i wrong im not sure

Edited by chancy4342, 17 October 2007 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It is very common for a system to have both intergrated and dicrete graphics. It is very important that the drivers are deleted for the intergrated graphics before installing the drivers for the card. Most cards these days are PCI-Ex16 and not standard PCI.

The AMD X2 6000+ is one of the best CPUs in the AMD line and will play games well if it has the right hardware to go with it.

Dual core isn't like having two CPUs. Atleast not in the sense that you are thinking. Typically a dual core CPU will perform about 30% better than a single core clocked at the same speed.

chancy4342

chancy4342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok thanks for the help does this mean that if i have this proccesor it will be able to play all the new gen games for about 1-2 years without upgrading?

Edited by chancy4342, 18 October 2007 - 08:42 AM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
No, it does not. Your CPU is not the only factor when it comes to playing games. Have a look at the sytem requirements on a new game and you should see what I mean.