Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video problems

• Please log in to reply

dsmith402

dsmith402

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
i've noticed just out of the blue today when i tried playing a movie the tint was all screwy, way too much red. so i went into the nvidia control panel tweaked some things...finally ended up downloading a newer driver in the end. after i restarted the computer the color was adjusted correctly, however, now the picture is all fuzzy. anyone have any suggestions on this one?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
With Nvidia's newest drivers for some reason the default setting is 16bit colors instead of 32bit. Try changing it to 32bit ( if it is 16 ) and that should fix your issue.

dsmith402

dsmith402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
just checked the settings and its still at 32bit....any other ideas?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Under Performance and Quality Settings > Image Settings > Select quality or high quality.

Also make sure your resolution is the same as it was before.

If you still have issues after this I recommend that you reinstall the drivers again.