Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP and Vista installed fine..BUT..

• Please log in to reply

livitup

livitup

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've got my new system up an running.. Sorta.. I've got Vista and XP installed, and can boot into either without a hitch. My problem is with my video card. Geoforce 8800GTS. As soon as I install the driver for it (in either windows, or XP), the OS will look like it's booting (says windows is starting) then I get a prompt from my monitor saying No signal. I have to boot back into my OS and rollback the driver in order to enable my display again. Mobo is a Gigabyte P35-DS4. I have installed all the drivers for my motherboard, and am using the current drivers for the video card from Nvidia's website. There is one caveot... I'm using a phillips Flat screen TV that doubles as a monitor. It's not a "plug and play" monitor. It does have a dedicated pc mode, and has worked fine until this. I think I'll be very happy with this system once I (we) get this kink worked out.

Advertisements

livitup

livitup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
no takers eh'?

livitup

livitup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It seems my Philips flat screen tv/monitor was the culprit. I bought a new monitor. My new system is running like a scalded ape with hemroids.

Thanks for all the advice prior to my purchase.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Well I'm glad you got it sorted! You certainly had me doing a lot of thinking, but I didn't post cause I didn't know :)

Cheers :)