Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sherlock Codec Detective. Broken Codec

• Please log in to reply

Nick the Greek

Nick the Greek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have just run Sherlock CODEC Detective (great FREE program, thanks to Marc Liron) and have had reported that my PCM audio Codec from mobilev.acm driver is broken. Strangely, it is the same on my Desktop and Laptop. I have searched my machines for that filename to no avail, and searched the web for the codec but have had no joy. I don't seem to have a PC or Laptop CODEC problem but I do have one on my PDA (T-Mobile Ameo) and as this filename is "mobilev.acm" I thought it might be the problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have attached the saved log file from Sherlock.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You might get more troubleshooting info from GSpot. Drag/drop or browse to file that doesn't play and it will give you a lot more info then Sherlock. Then again, it may give you the same info about the codec. :)

Ron