Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

burning large file to Cd with Nero 8

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I have purchased Nero Rom 8. I want to burn a large file to a CD. When I add it to the project, it shows that the file is too big for one CD, and the red line goes onto CD2. My question is -- if I say Yes to "burn", does the program automatically fill the first CD, and then ask me to subsequently put in blank CD2 to continue the process? or is there some other way. the file is a movie, and I have never learned how to split a movie file.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
No. If the drive is DVD Writer you may be asked if you want to burn it onto a blank DVD instead, but this would just burn the file itself - it wouldn't pay in a DVD Player, if that's what you're after.