Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Perfect Game

• Please log in to reply

Redletter

Redletter

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Personally i think the best game would be a mix between the old red faction and mercs. playg of dest. for the destructable enviros. then mix that with HL2 with the interactivity and sweet graphics, then mix that with san andreas to get the massive world, then add in battle field 2 so co-op online play. then after all that but the gore engines from Soldier of fortune 2 into it, only upgraded. [bleep] the name of the game could be "Destruction Universe" lol that would be sweet.....POST YOUR THOUGHTS...

Advertisements

RaptoR-X

RaptoR-X

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
just give me a good RTS and im happy

C&C forever

J4K3

J4K3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I like Runescape and Priston Tale, Both on going rpgs with constant updates.

RaptoR-X

RaptoR-X

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
yep i agree with you.

have you ever played lineage 2???

Edited by RaptoR-X, 20 April 2005 - 05:53 AM.

zaphirer

zaphirer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Runescape's pretty cool, though there are a lot of stupid people there... i just got hacked on that game =(

Starcraft would have to be the best, the only gripe being that the resolution is "stuck" at 640x480... but that's to be expected from a 6-year old game!

DonQuixote

DonQuixote

• Pip
  • 2 posts
RTS: Starcraft (honourable mention to Age of Empires)
TBS: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (honourable mentions to HOMM3, JA2, Civ2)
FPS: Deus Ex (honourable mention to System Shock 2)
RPG: Baldur's Gate II (nothing I've played comes close)

Of the above I think BG2 comes closest to 'perfection' in its genre.

Redletter

Redletter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Dude all the games you guys have been talking about suck both graphically and gameplay wise.... except the last post... i like starcraft and deus ex.... all the others suck.... if you want a good game then find a modern FPS like half life 2 or SOF 2 or halo 1 & 2 or BF (V,1942, 2) those are all good games... runescape and those other RPG and other things are garbage...

Edited by Redletter, 25 April 2005 - 07:40 AM.

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
FPS=Half Life 2 or Quake III
Real time Stategy=AOE 2 (prob. AOE III when it comes out)
Turn Based Stategy=Civ 3

I've always loved quake better then unreal, but it's gonna plummit when the new installation of Q4 comes. mainly because Unreal has such a nice engine out. They have to do some drastic changes to keep up with Unreal

David

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I forgot about the best MMORPG

Vendetta Online

It's an amazing Online space stategy. I don't have it but saw it a few times. It's really nice, but new, so they are sorta slow to come out with new stuff. Graphics are amazing. If your looking for a MMORPG game to play, check out the demo.

David

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Runescape's graphics might be garbage but when you think about it, it's an amazing game. It's a pretty big game and you dont't have to download anything! The servers are in use 24/7 and there are 50000 people online all the time. that's pretty amazing to get that many people to play such a trashy looking game. I like it because there is lots to do: fish, mine, pk, scam, deal and questing etc... I don't know how Jagex did it but them made an ugly looking game very addictive!

Emery

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Runescape's graphics might be garbage but when you think about it, it's an amazing game. It's a pretty big game and you don't have to download anything! The servers are in use 24/7 and there are 50000 people online all the time. that's pretty amazing to get that many people to play such a trashy looking game. I like it because there is lots to do: fish, mine, pk, scam, deal and questing etc... I don't know how Jagex did it but they made an ugly looking game very addictive!

Emery

Edited by S A A B, 06 July 2005 - 03:55 AM.

//Nathan

//Nathan

• Pip
  • 7 posts
The perfect game, for me, would have to be the original Deus Ex. It's really an RPG, but with an FPS engine and gameplay. That there are so many ways to do each mission, it's such a deep game. It strikes such a good balance between ease and challenge, none of it is overly hard, but will make you think, and will sometimes try your patience, but if you use your head and keep your cool, it's not hard to complete it. And it's a lot of fun.

I'm also very fond of Diablo II with the Lord of Destruction add-on. It's such a good game, easy to master, and fun each time.

I think that Final Fantasy VII (7) was the best RPG ever made in terms of story and music alone, but the game engine was severely lacking, and the graphics could have been better (but were good for their time). I think that Square will do a 10th Anniversary Edition, a complete remake, for the Ps3. Whether they actually follow through or not is the sole criteria for me purchasing a Ps3 - if they do, I'll buy it for that game and give other games a chance. If they don't, I'm sticking with Nintendo, if any of the next-gen consoles. They already remade the intro movie, though, and there's the sequel movie, Advent Children - they are by no means done with FF7. I believe that it will be remade.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you do have to pay for runescape to actually get anywhere in the game, if you dont pay your options are severely limited as to how far you can progress and what you do, and if youre paying for it pay for one of the better RTS games. People play it mostly because they have computers that wont handle anything else.

You know Quake 4 has been out for quite a while now several months, its not in direct competition with unreal as unreal isnt set for release until summer at the earliest, everyone who is going to buy Q4 allread has it, and quake wars is a quake universe based version of enemy territory and the engine has been totally redone and it can do alot of things that even the unreal engine wont because of the new texture system it uses which is revolutionary and unique to the company producing quake wars, also we are reaching a peak quake 4 at ultra settings and Hl2 at high are starting to get incredibly close to real life, the main trick now is not better gfx as much as it is increasing efficiency to get them playable in more PCs and to improve gameplay and physics to enhance the realism in the non graphical sections.

damien0124

damien0124

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Runescape or die!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The problem with runescape is that in order to progress in the actual game properly you have to pay for it, and if i had to play for an MMO i would get something bigger and better than runescape.