Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Perfect Game

• Please log in to reply

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I like BF2 and bf2 sf and bf2 armoured fury along with Americas Army,those games does it for me :whistling:

Advertisements

Swiss Tony

Swiss Tony

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I agree wholeheartedly with the SNES comment. The hours (probably days actually) I have spent on Mario Kart, Zelda, PGA Tour, Bomberman and Pilotwings among many others is...well a heck of a lot!

Games these days while they may look stunning get very boring very quickly. Whoever decided you have to have a million and one options and a 50 page manual to make a good game is just plain wrong.

I can remember spending more time playing ZX Spectrum games that I paid £2.99 for and had to wait for 10 minutes on the fourth attempt to load than I have for games that are supposed to be todays cutting edge that set me back £40. I know it was a long time ago but 1000%+ inflation - and they only ever sold a million or so spectrums compared to who knows how many PCs in the world today.

Is anyone else out there old enough to remember Jet Set Willy, Daley Thompsons Decathlon, Football Manager, Jetpac, Psssst, Attic Attack, Harrier Attack and hundreds of others? I keep adding more to the list as they come back into my mind and I must stop or there will be pages. Or how about the huge number of text-only adventure games - Mountains of Ket trilogy ring any bells? Or the Hobbit adventure game that took a minute just to display a really basic picture that didn't help you complete the game and disappeared rapidly as you typed? Ah the good old days when nobody bought a game that was useless - thats why there weren't many of them.

Why oh why did I sell my old speccy - 48k and rubber keys - magic. I must go on eBay to find one now...bye

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Personally its been a long time since a game grabbed me so hard that I couldn't stop playing and had to complete absolutely everything. I like old school games and playability is much more important than flashy graphics and I also like the first time I see anything new so my vote goes to Goldeneye on the N64!

Laugh all you like - thats my vote and I'm sticking to it - its just a shame I never did complete absolutely everything - 3 cheats missing!

I played that game a few years back when I was a kid and man, I played 3-4 player and play like a total of 400+ hours of that game! AHH IT WAS AWESOME. Espessially sensor mines!!! :whistling:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have to say the best games that come closest to perfection are KOTOR and NWN. Those of you that play them know what the acronyms stand for. I have had, by and far, the most fun playing those games then any other.

Fenor

mxdz

mxdz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Im personnaly a WoW ( world of warcraft ) Fan , along with .... nothing comes up to WoW heh.. AND GLORY TO FENOR Neverwinter nights !!

MMORPG : World Of Warcraft
FPS : Battlefield 2
RPG : Morrowind ( Not Oblivion :whistling: ) & Neverwinter nights , of course
RACING : Lego island racing mini games ???????? :blink:

Edited by mxdz, 18 July 2006 - 04:27 PM.

vika09

vika09

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
ANy FPS game in which the story ahead of u changes according to what you do, no mission failure and stuff, 60GB 100 GB.. hu cares, make game like that!

that would be good....

todumb4u

todumb4u

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Lol im going for

Postal 2

Its a banned game because it was made after some people murdered some kids or something not sure but the game is funny:)

You can piss on people and everything!

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
RTS: Warcraft III Frozen Throne
Age of Empires II
TBS: Heroes of Might and Magic
FPS: UT 2004
RPG: Oblivion

All time favourite game: Warcraft III Frozen Throne
Most played game: Diablo II

mxdz

mxdz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

ANy FPS game in which the story ahead of u changes according to what you do, no mission failure and stuff, 60GB 100 GB.. hu cares, make game like that!

One exists its really nice , pretty good graphics for the year , its called

Swat 3 : Close Quaters Battle

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
give me any game with go gameplay to keep me interested and graphics arent inportant

FPS: UT2004
RPG: Diablo 2 + EXP LOD
RTS: Age of empires 3

and to note 'Black' for the PS2 wot a game that is

and also to metion the final fantasy series and all the hours of my life it has robbed from me (well worth it :whistling:)

Advertisements

mrdanny

mrdanny

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Pro Command Auto :whistling:

Pro Evolution Soccer
Command And Conquer:Red Alert 2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

l...o...l

vika09

vika09

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

One exists its really nice , pretty good graphics for the year , its called

Swat 3 : Close Quaters Battle

HEY!!! THANX A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GONNA BUY!!! IS IT OLD OR SOMETHING?

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
UNREAL TOURNAMENT SERIES, nuff said'

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
FPS: Counter-Strike Source, Day of Defeat Source, bf2142 (Needs a little work though)
RTS: Company of Heroes
RPG: WoW (Kind of obvious)

Flame0103

Flame0103

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I like Runescape too, only that I'm too lazy to level up, plus the fact that trading is more complicated. Gaia Online is a bit weird, its like a combo of Runescape (sort of) and MySpace. Any objections?