Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CGI-Error, connection timeout error

• Please log in to reply

adapter

adapter

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I try to login to site www.letsvideochat.com and get this error message: CGI Error, connection timeout error, try later.
It's only this one page I can't view. It doesn't matter whether I try IE, Firefox or Opera. Operating system is Windows XP.

I was told that the problem is - when the site went down last time and I tried to login, it caused a cgi pearl error in my computer. And that the script on my computer tells the site bad info and therefore blocks me.

I was adviced to remove all my Java and get an updated version. I installed Java 6 update3 and still have the same problem. Before I removed Javas I didn't check which version I had. Is there a difference if I had reinstalled the same version I already had instead of the newest, recommended version?

I rebooted few times and cleared cache many times but nothing happened. I'd be grateful of any new ideas what I could do next!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
CGI and Perl errors are caused on the server where the website is stored. There is nothing you can do except try later and there is nothing wrong with your computer. This also applies to PHP errors, MySQL errors, ASP errors, anything involving an "Internal Server Error", "Page Not Found" and "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" (where this message occurs intermittently on one site only and other sites work happily). :)

adapter

adapter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Even if the website is working on other computers, just not with mine...?
Thanks for your advices, :)

badqueen

badqueen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi there i have same problem with same chat www.letsvideochat.net
CGI Error, connection timeout error, try later.
and u realy dont know why ? and what i have to do?

adapter

adapter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Problem solved :) I was chatting there again yesterday. I'm not sure what resolved it but I did send an error report to l.v.c.net - and after that the same day I got in. Could be a coincidence too? Badqueen I hope u get it fixed.

Edited by adapter, 21 October 2007 - 01:56 AM.

badqueen

badqueen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
how to send this report to letsvideochat.net? i cant open chat at all? pls help me

adapter

adapter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I was able to open the chat from another computer not mine. Then went to 'My account' and at the bottom of the page 'Report bugs/errors/violation'. Again I have no idea if that made any difference that I posted it or if it was just for other reasons that solved my access problem. But I couldnt get in for 10 days and then I did.

badqueen

badqueen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks i will also try to send it from other pc :)

adapter

adapter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Good luck :)