Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No to all?

• Please log in to reply

Daflippa

Daflippa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

I want to make a new backup of some maps with a lot of different stuff in it.
Some time ago I just put the maps on my external hard drive and use this only as storage, don't work with it. The original files stay on my pc, i delete some or i make new files in it.
Now I want to update my backup, but don't like to do it with the backup program i got from Lacie. It just makes a new map and transfers everything, but that's not what I like: I want to keep all the old files and just put the new among them. If you copy all the files to my backupspace, i can click "yes to all" if he recognizes a file that i allready had, but I would find it great to click "no to all". Like it only copies the files that don't exist.
Is it possible to fix this button and action, or is there another solution for this problem?

Thanks! :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to make what's called an 'incremental' backup, where only files that are new or have changed since the last backup are actually backed up. But to make incremental backups you will need to use a proprietary backup utility which has that feature.

Daflippa

Daflippa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Super!

Thanks very much Pip! I have another back up program wich has this feature. Never thought I would use these different types :)

Thanks again...