Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

already done ALL malware scans, NOW im HERE .PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
it loads fine here... just everynow and then it freezes.. and so did 2 other pages tonight. i did not even go to yahoo. they just froze up and i had to log out and log back in .

I will try more on firefox and let you know , I havent tried as often, I need to download some things there so I can hear music, and few other tweaks need to be made and i can surf there more, I will for you all day tomorrow and see what happens.. thanxs if you have any ideas please let me know , or any test, scans whatever, I want to fix this thing .. thank you ever sooo much ~~~~ starla

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I show in your malware post have yahoo toolbar installed. Non up to date versions of yahoo toolbar has been known to lock up some browsers might want to give it a try on removing it see what happens. To remove yahoo toolbar:

Click on Start.
Click on Control Panel.
Click on add/remove programs.
Click on anything that says yahoo and click remove.

Edited by tuxmaster, 27 October 2007 - 04:18 PM.

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
thank you , i will try that . I have been using firefox, i like it !! I dont seem to have the problem, yet ....

I do have another problem thow .......a so called friend' sent me a veiw free' files that I unziped and dowloaded. now I founf out early in my avg caught a trojan in winzip, so i deleted it ... now I have limewire pro.... it came from her pc , do you think I should delete it also >??

when I logged in today , I got a message from my avg firwall asking to accept profile or without profile on somone else's pc trying to network' with mine.... I hit block.... and with no profile, after reading the help menu . can you please help me scan everything and see if I have a problem . my phone is connected to my modem, and my phone has been cross --overs all day today . people can hear me talking when I am on the other line and I can not hear them .

now one more thing I have downloaded a sam) its what they call it to dj for a lounge I visit often in fubar.com maybye the connection from her network is from there... should I delete it >? I do not want anyone else's pc to be linked to mine or my connection in any way , is there a way to ck for that>?? and delete if nessisary >??

PLEASE HELP ME , THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE, I AM IN NO WAY A EXPERT ...

i am deleting the yahoo toolbar now, i will get on explorer and see if anything has changed .

one more q..........what is the best antivirus you would recomend, being free.. or paid for .. >??

thank you ever soo much I would be sooo lost without you guys right now ~~~~~~~~

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
You may have reinfected your system. I am not authorized to help you with your malware issues.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).