Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kaspersky Internet Security is blocking me...EVERYWHERE.

• Please log in to reply

hntr631

hntr631

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, we recently had our PC cleaned at our local providers, because the computer had been running very slow before that, most likely due to a little spyware buildup, but thats all taken care of now. So I decided to step up the security a little bit and took out Trend Micro and put in this new program I bought called Kaspersky Internet Security. NOw here's the problem everything works fine but Kaspersky doesn't let me use ActiveX Controls on anything. No more online games,youtube,videos or anything else that uses flashplayer. I've tried allowing the sites and adjusting the security settings I know are safe but the same message keeps coming up over and over again, "Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for options...". I'm pretty sure when you right click on the part that says "Click here for options..." that Install/Allow ActiveX controls should come up but it doesn't. Instead of loading the videos,online games and even some banners that include ActiveX on/in them it gives me a little white box with a red square,green circle and blue triangle. None of this ever happened when I had my old security and I know that's probably bad but this is horribly annoying. It will not let me download anything that it does not consider safe and this program has pretty high standards on recommended. Please help me.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The ActiveX errors are generated by Internet Explorer, not Kaspersky. Its probably coincidence that this started with Kaspersky.
Left-click on the yellow bar to install an ActiveX control and be given the menu options.

hntr631

hntr631

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I know that the errors are generated by Internet Explorer but it is not coincidence. I cannot install ActiveX when I left click either because 1. I already have ActiveX installed and 2. it only gives me the option "more information". The yellow bar NEVER came up before Kaspersky either, I had Trend Micro before and it let me do everything just fine. Kaspersky won't even let me download items from sites that are trusted either, it will just completely block it.