Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video files

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hello,

How can I hide video files on my XP? I'm just using Logitech QuickCam with it's motion detection to verify no boys are coming over for unsupervised visits with our young teenaged daughter! All she has to do though is open Windows Media Player and go to "see all videos" - and everything on the computer shows up - and she can delete them!! I somehow need to change something so the computer will not "automatically" give it up!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Signed the Daddy that wishes all boys were as "dumb" as I was around girls around my age!!
(sigh - please, no comments from those with free flowing hormones!) :)

Edited by bamakodaker, 21 October 2007 - 06:01 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bamakodaker...

As the father of a teenage daughter, you'll get no smart remarks from me. :)

Have a look at the information on how to password protect folders HERE. Create a unique folder to save the videos in, then password protect it to keep others from accessing it.

wannabe1

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I appreciate the info. However that didn't do exactly what I needed. I need a way to keep the webcam recordings from daughter. I think I may have asked the basic information in another thread. You may reply there instead - I'm confused about logon names. We've used our newer computer without any required logon. I set up the admin to have a name then other users with their own names and passwords. The "new" users come on as totally new first time users, they get the Welcome video even! How do I allow them access to almost everything now? Also - under different users could I simply hide the software, desktop icon and everything associated to QuickCam from other users?

Would it just be easier to get some special software?? lol

I appreciate the time.
bamakodaker

MrXtramean

MrXtramean

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Create accounts for each of you. look in control panel under User Accounts.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

If I get seperate User accounts set up - can I log off or something that will allow programs to keep running under my User name/set up but others couldn't see it, yet they could log on to their User name and use the computer without messing up programs I'm running?

bamakodaker