Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Drive problem

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have Vista home edition on my laptop. When I plug in my Sandisk Titanium USB flash drive, it does not show up in "my computer" or anywhere else in Vista. The only place it does get recognized is in the Device Manager.
The flash drive works well in my main computer using Windows XP.
I have done the "update driver" and the message returns with the driver is fine. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hello Pompanoguy,
It appears your flash drive is not compatible with the Vista OS.
I did some research @ SanDisk
The drivers they offer are not for Vista, rather, they are to help make your Flash Drive compatible with older OS's.

PsychPosse

Edited by PsychPosse, 21 October 2007 - 07:46 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
According to the user the drive is recognized by device manager. TO me it sounds like it may need a drive letter assigned. Right click on My Computer and select manage. In the left pane, look for storage. With the drive inserted please look in the right hand pane for device. It may have a drive letter assigned that is conflicting with another drive or it may simply need a letter assigned for it to show up in Explorer.

Edited by starjax, 22 October 2007 - 08:22 AM.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I am going to check into that possibility with my sandisk. My Vista also acknowledges that there is a flash drive in the usb port, but cannot access it. But I have no problems with any of my other flash drives, all of which say they are compatible with Vista. Sandisk however, does not say if it is compatible with Vista.