Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need Help

• Please log in to reply

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
give me a sec havent used speedfan I will download it and check out

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
that looks like a bus temp may be error looking now to what speedfan supports

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
can you reboot computer and go right into bios. Find the hardware monitor. Report back on voltages and temperatures you get there. To access bios either hit del key, esc key, or f2 at startup you should see this as computer boots. I am not too familiar with speedfan and it looks like it isnt accurate at everything it reports back on.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 23 October 2007 - 06:32 PM.

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Here is a different program try downloading and installing this and copy back info. I ran speedfan on my setup and it is registering some funky stuff also. Next sensor below coincides very well with my other monitors.

http://majorgeeks.co...nsor_d4988.html

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 23 October 2007 - 06:39 PM.

kuklis

kuklis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
KK im on my brothers computer. my computer just shut down by itslef. i think it over heated. before it turned off the core was at like 112C

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I would have to shy away from speedfan from what I am seeing unless u are very familiar with it. Looks like it was controlling your fans and if set wrong could cause temps to increase. Uninstall speedfan and download http://majorgeeks.co...nsor_d4988.html

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 23 October 2007 - 06:41 PM.

kuklis

kuklis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
its says:
uknown sensor as been detected: FFFFh
NXsensor designed for LPC Super I/O chips only!

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
can u get info from bios and post back

kuklis

kuklis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
ive looked through all the bios menus and theres nothing that shows voltage

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
looking now for some alternatives for laptop monitoring software.

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
here is one other one http://www.pbus-167...._nhc_monitoring never used these myself. You dont want to mess with any overclocking features. Read up on their website a little bit first. So much easier with tower computer. You just want to see temps, fan speeds, voltages. You should wait til someone who has used speedfan or nhc gets back to you on this. I am curious are your bios settings default factory?

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 23 October 2007 - 07:11 PM.

kuklis

kuklis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
doenst seem tobe working. but while u were searching. i turn off my laptop and poped it into the frig. its working realy fast now but is slowly slowing down again ( im asuming because its over heathing)

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Refridge is not good place for it(condensation). Wait for someone to post back who is more familiar with speedfan. You definetly have a heat problem and there can be many reasons for them. Improper bios settings, fan problem, video, blockage, power supply, etc. These can be very serious. Laptops are much more complicated when it comes to dealing with hardware stuff due to everything being squeezed into a tight place.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 23 October 2007 - 07:20 PM.

kuklis

kuklis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
kk thx for the help. and im just gona try out afew programs and see if i can get the voltages. and ya i figured the fgrig isnt good. i dont normaly do it. lmao. it just got so heated i tryed it anyway

Edited by kuklis, 23 October 2007 - 07:16 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
since this is a laptop, VOLTAGE isn't something that we need to be looking at. Your laptop is deffinately running hot.

If you have some canned air, use it to blow out the laptop fan. When the laptop is running, does the fan come on? Did dell have you run the diagnostics ((should have come on cd with the system)?