Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NTLDR

• Please log in to reply

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
my dell crashed and now when I try to start it up I get the blue screen that says NTLDR missing. Any ideas. I can't reinstall, no cd's will run.....nothing. Thanks Jana

Advertisements

mitz

mitz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
There are a few ways to fix this...

Try formatting with a genuine Windows disk with a low level format..sometimes works

Or try repairing windows..here's how

Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD.
At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair.
Typically this will be #1
Enter in the administrator password when requested
Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive.
COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\:
COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\
Take out the CD ROM and type exit

Another way is to put your hard drive into and external drive and copy the file from the cd that way.

This also happens when you have left a usb flash drive plugged in.

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I can't get past the blue screen! I have all discs from Dell, but can't do a thing. I have read all of the posts from people with same problem. I still can't get through the dead screen. It just says missing NTLDR I can't do a thing. Please help paid a ton for this thing through a loan shard company. Anyway to fix it on this computer? This is an emacine. Please Help. Thanks JANA